Jump to Main Content
- Lohmann, Lúcia G., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Annals of the Missouri Botanical Garden 2014 v.99 no.3 pp. 348-489
- Adenocalymma; Anemopaegma; Cuspidaria; Dolichandra; Pithecoctenium; chloroplasts; genetic markers; lectotypes; monophyly; neotypes; nuclear genome; surveys; synapomorphy
- ... The history of classification of the tribe Bignonieae and its genera are reviewed as context for a comprehensive new genus-level classification of the tribe Bignonieae (Bignoniaceae, Lamiales). This new classification is based on a well-supported phylogeny based on multiple molecular markers from both chloroplast and nuclear DNA, a morphological survey, and a broad sampling of taxa. Genera are cir ...
- Lohmann, Lúcia G., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Annals of the Missouri Botanical Garden 2014 v.99 no.3 pp. 323-347
- Bignoniaceae; Cuspidaria; gene expression; genes; leaf development; leaves; morphogenesis; ontogeny; phylogeny; tropics
- ... The tribe Bignonieae includes all Neotropical lianescent Bignoniaceae. The leaves of Bignonieae are generally 2- or 3-foliolate, with terminal leaflets modified into a tendril. These tendrils have varied morphologies and are thought to have been involved in the diversification of Bignonieae. Little, however, is still known about the biology and evolution of tendrils. This study investigated the ev ...