Jump to Main Content
- Emken, E.A.
- Annual review of nutrition 1984 v.4 pp. 339
- fatty acids; hydrogenated oils; food intake; nutrient requirements; lipid metabolism; atherosclerosis; neoplasms; hydrogenation; isomers; trans fatty acids; nutritive value; lipolysis; cell physiology; growth and development; longevity; dietary nutrient sources; vegetable oil; dietary fat; biochemical mechanisms; nutrition physiology; animals; humans; intestinal absorption; fat intake; nutrient availability
- Nielsen, Forrest H.
- Annual review of nutrition 1984 v.4 pp. 21
- nutrient requirements; trace elements; nutrition physiology
- ... A review of the experimental evidence supporting the suggestion of nutritional essentiality for 11 ultratrace elements indicated that only arsenic, nickel and silicon meet the definition of essentiality. Some evidence suggests that boron, lithium and vanadium are also essential nutrients. Only limited evidence supports the nutritional essentiality of bromine, cadmium, fluorine, lead and tin. Howev ...