Jump to Main Content
- Salini, Ramesh; Sindhulakshmi, Muthukrishnan; Poongothai, Thirumaran; Pandian, Shunmugiah Karutha
- Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 2015 v.107 no.4 pp. 1095-1106
- Proteus mirabilis; Proteus vulgaris, etc ; Chromobacterium violaceum; Escherichia coli; Hyptis suaveolens; Klebsiella pneumoniae; Serratia marcescens; biofilm; biosensors; drug resistance; gas chromatography; hexane; mass spectrometry; medicinal plants; methanol; phenotype; phytotherapy; proteinases; quorum sensing; urinary tract diseases; virulence; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Bacterial urinary tract infections (UTIs) are the most common nosocomial infections, accounting for about 40 % of all hospital-acquired infections. The bacterial spectrum of nosocomial UTIs is broad and the treatment of UTIs is becoming difficult owing to the emergence of drug resistance. Therefore, it is reasonable to investigate novel and alternative therapeutic strategies to treat UTIs. Since U ...
- Behrendt, Undine; Augustin, Jürgen; Spröer, Cathrin; Gelbrecht, Jörg; Schumann, Peter; Ulrich, Andreas
- Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 2015 v.108 no.6 pp. 1457-1468
- Proteus penneri; Proteus vulgaris, etc ; carbon nitrogen ratio; community structure; grasslands; interspecific variation; matrix-assisted laser desorption-ionization mass spectrometry; new species; nitrate nitrogen; nitrate reduction; nitrogen; nitrous oxide; nucleic acid hybridization; nucleotide sequences; peat; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; soil; soil bacteria; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... In the context of studying the influence of N-fertilization on N₂ and N₂O flux rates in relation to the soil bacterial community composition in fen peat grassland, a group of bacterial strains was isolated that performed dissimilatory nitrate reduction to ammonium and concomitantly produced N₂O. The amount of nitrous oxide produced was influenced by the C/N ratio of the medium. The potential to ge ...