Jump to Main Content
- Pastor, Ferenc, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 2017 v.110 no.3 pp. 365-373
- Phycomyces blakesleeanus; adsorption; bioaccumulation; bioremediation; cell walls; fungi; mycelium; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; pH; phosphates; polarography; vanadium
- ... The possibility of reduction of vanadate monomer in the mycelium of fungus Phycomyces blakesleeanus was investigated in this study by means of polarography. Control experiments were performed with vanadyl [V(IV)] and vanadate [V(V)] in 10 mM Hepes, pH 7.2. Addition of P. blakesleeanus mycelium resulted in disappearance of all V(IV) polarographic waves recorded in the control. This points to the up ...
- Pastor, F. I. Javier, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 2008 v.94 no.2 pp. 307-316
- Stachybotrys atra; boiling; carboxymethylcellulose; cellulose; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; internal transcribed spacers; isoelectric focusing; pH; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; polymers; polypeptides; ribosomal DNA; rice straw; sodium chloride; temperature; thermal stability
- ... A cellulose-degrading fungal strain has been isolated from a rotten rag. Morphological characterization and ITS1, 5.8S and ITS2 rDNA sequencing showed that the strain is a new isolate of Stachybotrys atra. The strain secreted high cellulase activity in media supplemented with rice straw. However, cellulases were not produced in glucose-supplemented media. The crude cellulase showed the highest act ...