Jump to Main Content
- Feeney, Justin R.; Pliner, Patricia; Polivy, Janet; Herman, C. Peter
- Appetite 2017 v.109 pp. 93-99
- pizza, etc ; food intake; social behavior; social impact; Show all 4 Subjects
- ... We conducted a preliminary investigation on the resistance to, and persistence of, social influence regarding the appropriate amount to eat, defined in terms of eating an amount similar to that eaten by a confederate. Participants ate pizza both alone and in the presence of remote confederates presenting either a high or low eating norm. In the portion of the experiment examining resistance to soc ...
- Totosy de Zepetnek, Julia O.; Pollard, Damion; Welch, Jo M.; Rossiter, Melissa; Faghih, Shiva; Bellissimo, Nick
- Appetite 2017 v.111 pp. 32-37
- pizza, etc ; appetite; clinical trials; computers; correlation; emotions; food intake; games; girls; ingestion; lean body mass; lunch; satiety; television; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... To determine the effect of pre-meal screen-time activities on subjective emotions, subjective appetite, and food intake (FI) in 9–14 year-old girls.In this clinical study, 31 girls completed four 45-min treatment conditions of television viewing (TVV), video game playing (VGP), a challenging computer task (CT), and sitting without screen exposure (control) in a randomized order. Each treatment con ...