Jump to Main Content
- Anderson, L.C.; Mah, C.L.; Sellen, D.W.
- Appetite 2015 v.91 pp. 357-365
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; child nutrition; children; healthy diet; interviews; maternal nutrition; models; mothers; nutrient content; nutrition education; Canada; Jordan; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Problem: Current versions of Canada's Food Guide (CFG) aim to inform a culturally diverse population, but it is not known how intended audiences from different cultural and linguistic groups within Canada's diverse population understand and apply its messages. Methods: We analyzed data from qualitative interviews conducted with 32 newcomer mothers of children aged 1–5 years to explore how concepti ...
- Miller, Lisa M. Soederberg; Cassady, Diana L.
- Appetite 2015 v.92 pp. 207-216
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; adults; cognition; decision making; foods; ingredients; models; nutrition information; nutrition labeling; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Nutrition information on food labels is an important source of nutrition information but is typically underutilized by consumers. This review examined whether consumer nutrition knowledge is important for communication of nutrition information through labels on packaged foods. A cognitive processing model posits that consumers with prior knowledge are more likely to use label information effective ...
- PubMed Central: