Jump to Main Content
- Korczak, Renee; Lindeman, Kaycie; Thomas, William; Slavin, Joanne L.
- Appetite 2014 v.80 pp. 257-263
- pizza, etc ; barley bran; breakfast; cross-over studies; dietary fiber; dinner; eating habits; energy intake; food records; gastrointestinal system; linear models; lunch; oat bran; satiety; statistical analysis; tea; women; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Background: Foods that are high in dietary fiber can promote satiety, but previous studies report conflicting results. Objective: The objective was to determine differences in satiety response to three conditions (10 g oat bran, 10 g barley bran and a low fiber condition) consumed at dinner and breakfast. In addition, we compared energy intake at an ad libitum lunch after consumption of the breakf ...
- Grimes, Carley A.; Riddell, Lynn J.; Nowson, Caryl A.
- Appetite 2014 v.83 pp. 104-111
- pizza, etc ; Australians; beverages; child nutrition; cross-sectional studies; diet recall; eating habits; energy density; food intake; physical activity; potatoes; regression analysis; saturated fats; school children; sodium; sugars; surveys; t-test; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Overall the diets of Australian schoolchildren are suboptimal, but differences in nutrient and food intake on school versus non-school days have not been assessed. The aim of this study was to examine differences in nutrient and core and non-core food intake on school days versus non-school days in Australian schoolchildren aged 6–16 years. Cross-sectional analysis of the 2007 Australian Children' ...