Jump to Main Content
- Branton, Alyson; Akhavan, Tina; Gladanac, Branka; Pollard, Damion; Welch, Jo; Rossiter, Melissa; Bellissimo, Nick
- Appetite 2014 v.83 pp. 256-262
- pizza, etc ; aggression; appetite; boys; children; emotions; environmental factors; food intake; games; glucose; glycemic control; lunch; sucralose; television; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Increased food intake (FI) during television viewing has been reported in children, but it is unknown if this occurs following pre-meal video game playing (VGP). The objective was to determine the effect of pre-meal VGP for 30 min on subjective appetite and emotions, and FI in normal weight (NW) boys after a glucose or control preload. On four test mornings, NW boys (n = 19) received equally sweet ...
- Grimes, Carley A.; Riddell, Lynn J.; Nowson, Caryl A.
- Appetite 2014 v.83 pp. 104-111
- pizza, etc ; Australians; beverages; child nutrition; cross-sectional studies; diet recall; eating habits; energy density; food intake; physical activity; potatoes; regression analysis; saturated fats; school children; sodium; sugars; surveys; t-test; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Overall the diets of Australian schoolchildren are suboptimal, but differences in nutrient and food intake on school versus non-school days have not been assessed. The aim of this study was to examine differences in nutrient and core and non-core food intake on school days versus non-school days in Australian schoolchildren aged 6–16 years. Cross-sectional analysis of the 2007 Australian Children' ...