Jump to Main Content
- Viljakainen, Heli T.; Figueiredo, Rejane A.O.; Rounge, Trine B.; Weiderpass, Elisabete
- Appetite 2019 v.133 pp. 107-114
- pizza, etc ; body mass index; breads; children; confidence interval; eating disorders; eating habits; food consumption; food frequency questionnaires; food intake; fruits; hamburgers; healthy diet; hot dogs; milk; obesity; odds ratio; raw vegetables; regression analysis; risk factors; salads; small fruits; snacks; underweight; vegetables; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Picky eating (PE) is the most common cause of early-life feeding problems. However, the consequences of PE on food intake and weight development in general populations have not been established.This study aims to investigate the associations of PE and food neophobia (FN) with weight status in 5700 Finnish preadolescents. In addition, we described food consumption by PE/FN status.We utilised the Fi ...
- Spence, Michelle; Stancu, Violeta; Dean, Moira; Livingstone, M. Barbara E.; Gibney, Eileen R.; Lähteenmäki, Liisa
- Appetite 2016 v.103 pp. 377-385
- pizza, etc ; body mass index; chickens; cognition; control methods; cross-sectional studies; data collection; eating habits; hunger; models; pork; portion size; regression analysis; salads; soups; thirst; variance; vegetables; weight loss; Denmark; Ireland; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... The purpose of this study was to test a comprehensive model of meal portion size determinants consisting of sociodemographic, psychological and food-related variables, whilst controlling for hunger and thirst.Using cross-sectional nationally representative data collected in 2075 participants from the Island of Ireland (IoI) and Denmark (DK), eight separate hierarchical multiple regression analyses ...