Jump to Main Content
- Green, Hyatt C.; Haugland, Richard A.; Varma, Manju; Millen, Hana T.; Borchardt, Mark A.; Field, Katharine G.; Walters, William A.; Knight, R.; Sivaganesan, Mano; Kelty, Catherine A.; Shanks, Orin C.
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2014 v.80 no.10 pp. 3086-3094
- feces, etc ; Bacteroides; DNA; accuracy; assays; databases; detection limit; humans; hybridization; nucleotide sequences; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; sewage; surface water; water pollution; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Quantitative real-time PCR (qPCR) assays that target the human-associated HF183 bacterial cluster within members of the genus Bacteroides are among the most widely used methods for the characterization of human fecal pollution in ambient surface waters. In this study, we show that a current TaqMan HF183 qPCR assay (HF183/BFDrev) routinely forms nonspecific amplification products and introduce a mo ...
- PubMed Central:
- Shanks, Orin C.; Kekty, Catherine A.; Peed, Lindsay; Sivaganesan, Mano; Mooney, Thomas; Jenkins, Michael
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2014 v.80 pp. 1588-1594
- feces, etc ; Enterococcus; Escherichia coli; animal age; bacteria; calves; cows; diet; genetic markers; nonpoint source pollution; parturition; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; surface water; water pollution; water quality; weaning; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Calves (= 226 kg body mass) make up about 16% of the current bovine population in the United States and can excrete high levels of human pathogens. We describe the density and distribution of genetic markers from 11 PCR- and real-time quantitative PCR-based assays including CF128, CF193, Bac2, Bac3, CowM2, CowM3, GenBac3, Entero1, EC23S857, CampF2, and ttr-6 commonly used to help assess ambient su ...
- PubMed Central: