Jump to Main Content
- Imam, S.H.; Greene, R.V.; Griffin, H.L.
- Applied and environmental microbiology 1993 v.59 no.5 pp. 1259
- cellulolytic microorganisms; bacteria; microorganisms; cellulose; enzyme activity; hydrolysis; proteolysis; proteinases; cellulases
- ... The binding of extracellular endoglucanase, a carboxymethylcellulase (CMCase), produced by the marine shipworm bacterium to insoluble cellulose substrates was investigated. Up to 70% of CMCase activity bound to cellulosic substrates, and less than 10% bound to noncellulosic substrates. CMCase binding to cellulose was enhanced in basal salt medium or sodium phosphate buffer containing 0.5 M NaCl. I ...
- Freer, S.N.
- Applied and environmental microbiology 1993 v.59 no.5 pp. 1398
- Streptococcus bovis; alpha-amylase; purification; enzyme activity; starch; amylose; hydrolysis; amino acid sequences; amylopectin
- ... The extracellular alpha-amylase (1,4-alpha-D-glucanglucanohydrolase; EC 18.104.22.168) from maltose-grown Streptococcus bovis JB1 was purified to apparent homogeneity by ion-exchange chromatography (Mono Q). The enzyme had an isoelectric point of 4.50 and an apparent molecular mass of 77,000 Da, as estimated by sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. The enzyme was rich in acidic and ...
- PubMed Central: