Jump to Main Content
- Jackson, M.A.; Bothast, R.J.
- Applied and environmental microbiology 1990 v.56 no.11 pp. 3435
- Colletotrichum truncatum; culture media; spores; sporulation; carbon; nitrogen; weed control; Sesbania exaltata; mycoherbicides
- ... We assessed the influence of various carbon concentrations and carbon-to-nitrogen (C:N) ratios on Colletotrichum truncatum NRRL 13737 conidium formation in submerged cultures grown in a basal salts medium containing various amounts of glucose and Casamino Acids. Under the nutritional conditions tested, the highest conidium concentrations were produced in media with carbon concentrations of 4.0 to ...
- McLaughlin, R.J.; Wilson, C.L.; Chalutz, E.; Kurtzman, C.P.; Fett, W.F.; Osman, S.F.
- Applied and environmental microbiology 1990 v.56 no.11 pp. 3583
- vegetables; postharvest treatment; biological control agents; Debaryomyces hansenii; Candida guilliermondii; Torulopsis candida; strains; Penicillium; Botrytis; taxonomy; cell walls; mannans; DNA; physiology; anatomy and morphology
- ... In previous studies workers have shown that three yeast strains (strains US-7, 82, and 101) have biological control activity against various postharvest fungal pathogens of fruits and vegetables, including Penicillium rots of apples and citrus and Botrytis rot of apples. In these reports the researchers have described these strains as Debaryomyces hansenii (anamorph, Candida famata) or Candida sp. ...