Jump to Main Content
- Ferone, Mariateresa; Raganati, Francesca; Olivieri, Giuseppe; Salatino, Piero; Marzocchella, Antonio
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2019 v.187 no.3 pp. 782-799
- Actinobacillus succinogenes; acetic acid; biomass; bioreactors; biorefining; carbon; cell growth; fermentation; glucose; growth models; kinetics; metabolites; pH; succinic acid
- ... Succinic acid is one of the most interesting platform chemicals that can be produced in a biorefinery approach. The paper reports the characterization of the growth kinetics of Actinobacillus succinogenes DSM 22257 using glucose as carbon source. Tests were carried out in a continuous bioreactor operated under controlled pH. Under steady-state conditions, the conversion process was characterized i ...
- Sun, Wenjing; Wang, Qinghong; Luan, Fang; Man, Zaiwei; Cui, Fengjie; Qi, Xianghui
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2019 v.187 no.3 pp. 965-974
- Pseudomonas plecoglossicida; bacteria; biosynthesis; carbon; fermentation; fermentation industry; genes; glucose
- ... Pseudomonas are ubiquitous bacteria that can live under a wide range of environmental conditions; some species are successfully used in the fermentation industry. Pseudomonas plecoglossicida JUIM01 strain is an important industrial 2-ketogluconate (2KGA) producer. In Pseudomonas, kguT gene encodes a putative 2KGA transporter KguT, and there is no detailed research on the role of KguT. In this work ...