Jump to Main Content
- Ferone, Mariateresa; Raganati, Francesca; Olivieri, Giuseppe; Salatino, Piero; Marzocchella, Antonio
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2019 v.187 no.3 pp. 782-799
- Actinobacillus succinogenes; acetic acid; biomass; bioreactors; biorefining; carbon; cell growth; fermentation; glucose; growth models; kinetics; metabolites; pH; succinic acid
- ... Succinic acid is one of the most interesting platform chemicals that can be produced in a biorefinery approach. The paper reports the characterization of the growth kinetics of Actinobacillus succinogenes DSM 22257 using glucose as carbon source. Tests were carried out in a continuous bioreactor operated under controlled pH. Under steady-state conditions, the conversion process was characterized i ...
- Jimoh, Abdullahi Adekilekun; Lin, Johnson
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2019 v.187 no.3 pp. 724-743
- Paenibacillus; ammonium sulfate; biodegradation; bioremediation; biosurfactants; carbon; carbon nitrogen ratio; desorption; diesel fuel; emulsifying; hydrophobicity; inoculum; lipopeptides; magnesium sulfate; nitrogen; oils; pH; pollutants; salt concentration; solubilization; temperature; toxic substances
- ... Interests in biosurfactant in industrial and environmental applications have increased considerably in recent years, owing to their potential benefits over synthetic counterparts. The present study aimed at analyzing the stability and oil removal efficiency of a new lipopeptide biosurfactant produced by Paenibacillus sp. D9 and its feasibility of its use in biotechnological applications. Paenibaci ...