Jump to Main Content
- Tang, Yong; Dou, Xiaoli; Hu, Jinguang; Jiang, Jianxin; Saddler, JackN.
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2018 v.184 no.1 pp. 264-277
- corn stover, etc ; biotransformation; cellulose; enzymatic hydrolysis; glucose; hemicellulose; hydrolysis; lignin; moieties; sulfur dioxide; xylose; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The merit of deacetylation of corn stover prior to pretreatment is decreasing the formation of inhibitors and improving enzyme hydrolysis, proved in dilute acid pretreatment. However, few studies are done on how deacetylation would affect bioconversion process containing steam explosion. In this study, the effect of deacetylation on steam explosion was conducted using poplar as substrate. About 57 ...
- Guo, Mingming; Jin, Tony; Nghiem, NhuanP.; Fan, Xuetong; Qi, PhoebeX.; Jang, ChanHo; Shao, Lingxiao; Wu, Changqing
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2018 v.184 no.1 pp. 350-365
- corn stover, etc ; Listeria innocua; anhydrous ammonia; antimicrobial properties; antioxidants; biomass; biorefining; cell proliferation; coproducts; economic sustainability; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; enzymatic hydrolysis; ethanol production; fuel production; hydrophilicity; lignin; liquids; oxygen radical absorbance capacity; sodium hydroxide; temperature; toxicity; value added; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Lignin accounts for 15–35% of dry biomass materials. Therefore, developing value-added co-products from lignin residues is increasingly important to improve the economic viability of biofuel production from biomass resources. The main objective of this work was to study the lignin extracts from corn stover residue obtained from a new and improved process for bioethanol production. Extraction condi ...