Jump to Main Content
- Kovačić, Đurđica; Kralik, Davor; Jovičić, Daria; Rupčić, Slavko; Popović, Brigita; Tišma, Marina
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2018 v.184 no.2 pp. 471-483
- corn stover, etc ; Helianthus annuus; anaerobic digestion; biogas; chemical oxygen demand; dairy manure; methane production; soybeans; straw; temperature; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Several batch experiments were conducted on the anaerobic co-digestion of dairy cow manure (DCM) with three harvest residues (HR) (soybean straw, sunflower stalks, and corn stover). The influence of thermal pretreatment of HR on biogas production was investigated, where the HR were thermally pretreated at two different temperatures: T = 121 °C and T = 175 °C, during t = 30 and t = 90 min, respecti ...
- Guo, Mingming; Jin, Tony; Nghiem, NhuanP.; Fan, Xuetong; Qi, PhoebeX.; Jang, ChanHo; Shao, Lingxiao; Wu, Changqing
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2018 v.184 no.1 pp. 350-365
- corn stover, etc ; Listeria innocua; anhydrous ammonia; antimicrobial properties; antioxidants; biomass; biorefining; cell proliferation; coproducts; economic sustainability; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; enzymatic hydrolysis; ethanol production; fuel production; hydrophilicity; lignin; liquids; oxygen radical absorbance capacity; sodium hydroxide; temperature; toxicity; value added; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Lignin accounts for 15–35% of dry biomass materials. Therefore, developing value-added co-products from lignin residues is increasingly important to improve the economic viability of biofuel production from biomass resources. The main objective of this work was to study the lignin extracts from corn stover residue obtained from a new and improved process for bioethanol production. Extraction condi ...