Jump to Main Content
- Qiu, Jingwen; Wang, Qing; Shen, Fei; Yang, Gang; Zhang, Yanzong; Deng, Shihuai; Zhang, Jing; Zeng, Yongmei; Song, Chun
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2017 v.181 no.3 pp. 1123-1139
- enzymatic hydrolysis, etc ; cellulose; glucose; hemicellulose; hydrogen peroxide; lignin; phosphoric acid; response surface methodology; saccharification; temperature; wheat straw; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Wheat straw was pretreated by phosphoric acid plus hydrogen peroxide (PHP), in which temperature, time, and H₃PO₄ proportion for pretreatment were investigated by using response surface method. Results indicated that hemicellulose and lignin removal positively responded to the increase of pretreatment temperature, H₃PO₄ proportion, and time. H₃PO₄ proportion was the most important variable to cont ...
- Nimbalkar, Pranhita R.; Khedkar, Manisha A.; Gaikwad, Shashank G.; Chavan, Prakash V.; Bankar, Sandip B.
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2017 v.183 no.3 pp. 1008-1025
- acid hydrolysis, etc ; Clostridium acetobutylicum; activated carbon; agricultural economics; batch fermentation; butanol; cellulose; drying; furans; hemicellulose; industrial wastes; liquids; microorganisms; phenolic compounds; response surface methodology; slurries; spoilage; storage quality; sugar industry; sulfuric acid; temperature; toxicity; waste utilization; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... In the present study, press mud, a sugar industry waste, was explored for biobutanol production to strengthen agricultural economy. The fermentative production of biobutanol was investigated via series of steps, viz. characterization, drying, acid hydrolysis, detoxification, and fermentation. Press mud contains an adequate amount of cellulose (22.3%) and hemicellulose (21.67%) on dry basis, and he ...