Jump to Main Content
- Kurakake, Masahiro; Kitagawa, Yuhei; Okazaki, Atsushi; Shimizu, Kazuyuki
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2017 v.183 no.4 pp. 1455-1464
- alginate lyase; sodium alginate, etc ; Paenibacillus; amino acid sequences; hyaluronic acid; molecular weight; oligosaccharides; pH; polymerization; reducing sugars; soil; temperature; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Paenibacillus sp. S29 was isolated from soil and produces an alginate lyase. The molecular weight of this enzyme was 32 kDa and the N-terminal amino acid sequence was ASVTKST. The optimal pH was approximately 8.7 and the enzyme was stable over a pH range of 5.6 to 8.8 at 40 °C for 60 min. The optimal temperature was approximately 50 °C, and the residual activity was not decreased at temperatures o ...
- Farias, Simone; Mayer, Diego A.; de Oliveira, Débora; de Souza, Selene M. A. Guelli U.; de Souza, Antônio Augusto Ulson
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2017 v.182 no.4 pp. 1290-1306
- calcium alginate, etc ; hydrogen peroxide; immobilized enzymes; mass transfer; mathematical models; pH; peroxidase; reactive dyes; temperature; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... The aim of this work was to remove the dyes Reactive Blue 221 (RB 221) and Reactive Blue 198 (RB 198) of synthetic effluent using the immobilized enzyme horseradish peroxidase (HRP) in Ca-alginate beads. Experimental parameters affecting the dye removal process such as the effect of pH, temperature, hydrogen peroxide concentration, mass capsules, and reuse were evaluated, and a numerical model of ...