Jump to Main Content
- Inoue, Hiroyuki; Yano, Shinichi; Sawayama, Shigeki
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2015 v.176 no.6 pp. 1673-1686
- hydrolysis, etc ; Aspergillus niger; Pseudotsuga menziesii; Talaromyces pinophilus; beta-mannosidase; carbon; cellulose; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; feedstocks; fungi; glucomannans; hemicellulose; lignocellulose; mannose; softwood; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Softwoods are promising lignocellulosic feedstock that provide numerous fermentable sugars via the hydrolysis of the components of cellulose and mannan-type hemicellulose such as galactoglucomannan (GGM). However, fungal cellulase systems are insufficient for the hydrolysis of softwood GGM due to the relatively low levels of mannan-degrading activities. To compensate for the deficient activities i ...
- Camargo, Danielle; Sene, Luciane; Variz, Daniela Inês Loreto Saraiva; Felipe, Maria das Graças de Almeida
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2015 v.175 no.8 pp. 3628-3642
- acid hydrolysis, etc ; Meyerozyma guilliermondii; Sorghum (Poaceae); activated carbon; biomass; biotechnology; cellulose; enzymes; fermentation; forage; hemicellulose; hydrolysates; lignin; nutrients; pH; xylitol; xylose; yeasts; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... This study evaluated the biotechnological production of xylitol from sorghum forage biomass. The yeast Candida guilliermondii was cultivated in hemicellulosic hydrolysates obtained from biomass of three sorghum varieties (A, B, and C). First, the biomass was chemically characterized and subjected to dilute acid hydrolysis to obtain the hemicellulosic hydrolysates which were vacuum-concentrated and ...