Jump to Main Content
- Nakamura, Yukio; He, Xinjun; Kato, Hiroyuki; Wakitani, Shigeyuki; Kobayashi, Tatsuya; Watanabe, Sumiko; Iida, Atsumi; Tahara, Hideaki; Warman, Matthew L.; Watanapokasin, Ramida; Postlethwait, John H.
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2012 v.166 no.1 pp. 64-71
- Danio rerio; cartilage; chondrocytes; humans; mutants; platelet-derived growth factor; receptors; small interfering RNA; transcription (genetics)
- ... MicroRNA-140 (miR-140) is specifically expressed in developing cartilage tissues. We have previously reported that miR-140 plays an important role during palatal cartilage development by modulating platelet-derived growth factor receptor alpha (pdgfra) in zebrafish. However, the regulatory mechanism of miR-140 in cartilage is still unknown. Using developing zebrafish, sox9a mutant (sox9a−/−) and s ...
- PubMed Central:
- Badawi, A. M.; Fahmy, A. A.; Mohamed, Karima A.; Noor El-Din, M. R.; Riad, M. G.
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2012 v.166 no.1 pp. 22-35
- Kluyveromyces marxianus; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; chemical structure; ethanol; ethanol production; ethylene oxide; fermentation; nonionic surfactants; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; saccharification; surface tension; wheat straw
- ... In this paper, four nonionic surfactants with different hydrophilic–lipophilic balance (HLB) based on sorbitan monolaurate were synthesized by introducing ethylene oxide gas (n = 20, 40, 60, and 80 ethylene oxide units). The chemical structure of the prepared ethoxylated surfactants was confirmed using Fourier transform-infrared and 1H NMR spectroscopes. The surface tension and thermodynamic prope ...