Jump to Main Content
- Shi, ShaoYuan, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2010 v.162 no.8 pp. 2149-2156
- Lactobacillus; feeding methods; glucose; lactic acid; lactic fermentation; pH
- ... Substrate concentration in lactic acid fermentation broth could not be controlled well by traditional feeding methods, including constant, intermittent, and exponential feeding methods, in fed-batch experiments. A simple feedback feeding method based on pH was proposed to control pH and substrate concentration synchronously to enhance lactic acid production in fed-batch culture. As the linear rela ...
- Shi, Shaoyuan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2010 v.160 no.2 pp. 428-437
- Spirulina; carbon dioxide; desorption; equipment performance; microalgae; dissolved oxygen; oxygen; aquatic plant culture
- ... A high-performance gas-liquid transmission device (HPTD) was described in this paper. To investigate the HPTD mass transfer characteristics, the overall volumetric mass transfer coefficients, [graphic removed] for the absorption of gaseous CO₂ and [graphic removed] for the desorption of dissolved O₂ were determined, respectively, by titration and dissolved oxygen electrode. The mass transfer capab ...