Jump to Main Content
- Morya, Vivek Kumar; Yadav, Sangeeta; Kim, Eun-Ki; Yadav, Dinesh
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2012 v.166 no.1 pp. 243-257
- Aspergillus clavatus; Aspergillus fumigatus; Aspergillus niger; Aspergillus oryzae; amino acid sequences; amino acids; phylogeny; sequence alignment; serine proteinases
- ... A total of 49 protein sequences of alkaline proteases retrieved from GenBank representing different species of Aspergillus have been characterized for various physiochemical properties, homology search, multiple sequence alignment, motif, and super family search and phylogenetic tree construction. The sequence level homology was obtained among different groups of alkaline protease enzymes, viz alk ...
- Wang, Dan; Sun, Jie; Yu, Hui-Lei; Li, Chun-Xiu; Bao, Jie; Xu, Jian-He
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2012 v.166 no.1 pp. 176-186
- Aspergillus fumigatus; biodegradation; cellulose; corn cobs; corn stover; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; fermentation; proteins; saccharification; soil sampling; steam; xylanases
- ... Either the natural biodegradation process or the industrial hydrolytic process requires synergistic interactions between various cellulases. However, it is sometimes impeded by low hydrolytic rate of existing cellulases and the lack of accessory enzymes. Herein, the ability of a commercial cellulase (Spezyme CP, from Genencor) to degrade steam explosion-pretreated corn stover was significantly imp ...