Jump to Main Content
- Babu, V. R. Sarath; Thakur, M. S.; Patra, Sanjukta
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2012 v.166 no.1 pp. 112-126
- Pseudomonas alcaligenes; aeration; caffeine; enzymes; fermentation; flavor; odors; physicochemical properties; polyphenols; proteins; tea
- ... We report for the first time the development of a biodecaffeination process for tea synchronised with tea fermentation process using enzymes isolated from Pseudomonas alcaligenes. Cell-free extract was used for biodecaffeination of tea during fermentation of tea and 80% of the caffeine in the tea dhool was degraded within 90 min of incubation. Several factors that tend to effect the biodecaffeinat ...
- Oh, Baek-Rock; Seo, Jeong-Woo; Heo, Sun-Yeon; Hong, Won-Kyung; Luo, Lian Hua; Kim, Seonghun; Park, Don-Hee; Kim, Chul Ho
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2012 v.166 no.1 pp. 127-137
- Klebsiella pneumoniae; acetolactate synthase; aeration; fermentation; genes; glycerol; lactate dehydrogenase; lactates; pH
- ... In the present work, mutant strains of Klebsiella pneumoniae with deletions of the als gene encoding acetolactate synthase involved in synthesis of 2,3-butanediol, the ldhA gene encoding lactate dehydrogenase required for lactate synthesis, or both genes, were prepared. Production of 1,3-propanediol (1,3-PD) from glycerol was enhanced in the ldhA mutant strain (ΔldhA), but lower in Δals or Δals Δl ...