Jump to Main Content
- Murthy, Ganti S.; Johnston, David B.; Rausch, Kent D.; Tumbleson, M. E.; Singh, Vijay
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2012 v.166 no.1 pp. 87-111
- algorithms; controllers; corn; enzymes; ethanol; fermentation; glucose; models; pH; saccharification; temperature
- ... Ethanol from corn is produced using dry grind corn process in which simultaneous saccharification and fermentation (SSF) is one of the most critical unit operations. In this work an optimal controller based on a previously validated SSF model was developed by formulating the SSF process as a Bolza problem and using gradient descent methods. Validation experiments were performed to evaluate the per ...
- Tišma, Marina; Žnidaršič-Plazl, Polona; Vasić-Rački, Đurđa; Zelić, Bruno
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2012 v.166 no.1 pp. 36-46
- Coriolus versicolor; algorithms; industrial applications; industrial byproducts; industrial wastes; laccase; lignocellulosic wastes; papermaking; production costs; pulp and paper industry; solid wastes; white-rot fungi
- ... Laccases are very interesting biocatalysts for several industrial applications. Its production by different white-rot fungi can be stimulated by a variety of inducing substrates, and the use of lignocellulosic wastes or industrial by-products is one of the possible approaches to reduce production costs. In this work, various industrial wastes were tested for laccase production by Trametes versicol ...