Jump to Main Content
- Siva, R.; Subha, K.; Bhakta, D.; Ghosh, A. R.; Babu, S.
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2012 v.166 no.1 pp. 187-196
- Serratia rubidaea; antibiotics; anticarcinogenic activity; antineoplastic agents; biotechnology; coconuts; dyes; paper; pigments; salt concentration; temperature; India
- ... Many bacterial secondary products are bioactive substances that play an important role in biotechnology and pharmacology (e.g., as antibiotics or antitumor agents). Over the past few years interest in prodigiosin has been increased due to its promising anti-cancer activity. Prodigiosin is also of potential clinical interest because it is reported to have anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-protozoal ...
- de Baptista Neto, Álvaro; Bustamante, Maritza Catalina Condori; de Oliveira, Jaine Honorata Hortolan Luiz; Granato, Ana Cláudia; Bellão, Carolina; Junior, Alberto Colli Badino; Barboza, Marlei; Hokka, Carlos Osamu
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2012 v.166 no.1 pp. 208-221
- Escherichia coli; Streptomyces clavuligerus; adsorption; antibiotics; fermentation; ion exchange chromatography; mass spectrometry; microfiltration; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; purification methods; resins; ultrafiltration
- ... A study was made for purification of cephamycin C from fermentation of Streptomyces clavuligerus. Initially, the culture broth was clarified by microfiltration and ultrafiltration, after which the resulting permeates were subjected to nonspecific adsorption and ion-exchange chromatography on resin columns. The antibiotic activity was measured by the biological method at each stage by assaying its ...