Jump to Main Content
- Murthy, Ganti S.; Johnston, David B.; Rausch, Kent D.; Tumbleson, M. E.; Singh, Vijay
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2012 v.166 no.1 pp. 87-111
- algorithms; controllers; corn; enzymes; ethanol; fermentation; glucose; models; pH; saccharification; temperature
- ... Ethanol from corn is produced using dry grind corn process in which simultaneous saccharification and fermentation (SSF) is one of the most critical unit operations. In this work an optimal controller based on a previously validated SSF model was developed by formulating the SSF process as a Bolza problem and using gradient descent methods. Validation experiments were performed to evaluate the per ...
- Badawi, A. M.; Fahmy, A. A.; Mohamed, Karima A.; Noor El-Din, M. R.; Riad, M. G.
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2012 v.166 no.1 pp. 22-35
- Kluyveromyces marxianus; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; chemical structure; ethanol; ethanol production; ethylene oxide; fermentation; nonionic surfactants; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; saccharification; surface tension; wheat straw
- ... In this paper, four nonionic surfactants with different hydrophilic–lipophilic balance (HLB) based on sorbitan monolaurate were synthesized by introducing ethylene oxide gas (n = 20, 40, 60, and 80 ethylene oxide units). The chemical structure of the prepared ethoxylated surfactants was confirmed using Fourier transform-infrared and 1H NMR spectroscopes. The surface tension and thermodynamic prope ...