Jump to Main Content
- Bellou, Stamatia; Moustogianni, Anna; Makri, Anna; Aggelis, George
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2012 v.166 no.1 pp. 146-158
- Cunninghamella; Mortierella; Mucor; biosynthesis; fungi; glycerol; glycolipids; mycelium; phospholipids; polyunsaturated fatty acids; sphingolipids; temperature; triacylglycerols
- ... Several strains of Zygomycetes cultivated on glycerol produced mycelia rich in lipids containing higher amounts of neutral lipids (NL) than glycolipids plus sphingolipids and phospholipids (P), while biosynthesis of P in Mortierella ramanniana, Mucor sp., and Cunninghamella echinulata occurred though NL accumulation process was in progress. Polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) concentration graduall ...
- Oh, Baek-Rock; Seo, Jeong-Woo; Heo, Sun-Yeon; Hong, Won-Kyung; Luo, Lian Hua; Kim, Seonghun; Park, Don-Hee; Kim, Chul Ho
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2012 v.166 no.1 pp. 127-137
- Klebsiella pneumoniae; acetolactate synthase; aeration; fermentation; genes; glycerol; lactate dehydrogenase; lactates; pH
- ... In the present work, mutant strains of Klebsiella pneumoniae with deletions of the als gene encoding acetolactate synthase involved in synthesis of 2,3-butanediol, the ldhA gene encoding lactate dehydrogenase required for lactate synthesis, or both genes, were prepared. Production of 1,3-propanediol (1,3-PD) from glycerol was enhanced in the ldhA mutant strain (ΔldhA), but lower in Δals or Δals Δl ...