Jump to Main Content
- Kim, Hyewon; Lee, Sungsuk; Ryu, Sunhwa; Choi, Hyoung T.
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2012 v.166 no.1 pp. 159-164
- Polyporus; ammonium sulfate; decolorization; genes; ion exchange chromatography; kojic acid; laccase; molecular weight; pH; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis
- ... A white rot basidiomycete Polyporus brumalis has been reported to induce two laccase genes under degradation conditions of dibutylphthalate. When this fungus was grown in a minimal medium, one laccase enzyme was detected by the native polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. A laccase was purified through ammonium sulfate precipitation and ion exchange chromatography, and the estimated molecular weight ...
- Tišma, Marina; Žnidaršič-Plazl, Polona; Vasić-Rački, Đurđa; Zelić, Bruno
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2012 v.166 no.1 pp. 36-46
- Coriolus versicolor; algorithms; industrial applications; industrial byproducts; industrial wastes; laccase; lignocellulosic wastes; papermaking; production costs; pulp and paper industry; solid wastes; white-rot fungi
- ... Laccases are very interesting biocatalysts for several industrial applications. Its production by different white-rot fungi can be stimulated by a variety of inducing substrates, and the use of lignocellulosic wastes or industrial by-products is one of the possible approaches to reduce production costs. In this work, various industrial wastes were tested for laccase production by Trametes versicol ...