Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Guang, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2012 v.168 no.1 pp. 116-128
- Klebsiella oxytoca; NAD (coenzyme); acetates; boiling point; byproducts; carbon; enzyme activity; ethanol; fermentation; genes; glycerol; lactates; metabolites; mutants; succinic acid; water solubility
- ... Glycerol metabolism is a typical biological oxidoreductive reaction. 1,3-Propanediol (1,3-PD) is the final product of the reductive branch, while acetate, succinate, lactate, 2,3-butanediol (2,3-BD), and ethanol were produced in the oxidative branch. 2,3-BD, which has similar properties of high boiling point and water solubility with 1,3-PD, not only contests the carbon flow and NADH with 1,3-PD b ...
- Yang, Guang-Zhao, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2012 v.168 no.2 pp. 247-255
- Buthus martensii; analgesic effect; analgesics; arginine; genes; models; mutants; peptides; polymerase chain reaction; site-directed mutagenesis; toxins
- ... In this study, we investigated the functional role of arginines in the C-terminal (65â67) of BmK AGP-SYPU1, an analgesic peptide from the Chinese scorpion Buthus martensii Karsch. Using site-directed mutagenesis, arginines at the C-terminal (65â66) were deleted or added to the C-terminal (67). The genes for three mutants of BmK AGP-SYPU1 were obtained by PCR. An analgesic activity assay was us ...