Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, Shunni, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2014 v.174 no.7 pp. 2435-2445
- Chlorella; bioethanol; biomass; carbohydrate content; ethanol production; feedstocks; hemicellulose; lignin; microalgae; nitrogen; repletion; specific growth rate; starch; starvation
- ... Though less attention has been paid to microalgae as a feedstock for bioethanol production, many microalgae seem to have this potential since they contain no lignin, minor hemicellulose, and abundant carbohydrate. The objective of this study was to investigate the effect of nitrogen starvation on carbohydrate and starch accumulation in green microalga Chlorella zofingiensis and assess the feasibil ...
- Zhu, Shunni, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2014 v.172 no.2 pp. 1121-1130
- Chlorella vulgaris; Protozoa; bacteria; biodiesel; biomass; microalgae; recycling; sodium hypochlorite; ultraviolet radiation; wastewater
- ... There is potential in the utilization of microalgae for the purification of wastewater as well as recycling the resource in the wastewater to produce biodiesel. The large-scale cultivation of microalgae requires pretreatment of the wastewater to eliminate bacteria and protozoa. This procedure is costly and complex. In this study, two methods of pretreatment, UV irradiation, and sodium hypochlorite ...