Jump to Main Content
- Zhelifonova, V. P., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Applied biochemistry and microbiology 2011 v.47 no.3 pp. 288-292
- Penicillium; ergot alkaloids; fungi; mycotoxins; permafrost; quinoline; screening; secondary metabolites; Antarctic region; Arctic region
- ... Screening of producers of secondary metabolites was carried out among 25 fungal strains of Penicillium genus isolated from permafrost in Arctic and Antarctic regions and Kamchatka. Nearly 50% of the investigated strains synthesize biologically active substances of alkaloid nature: ergot alkaloids, diketopiperazinees, and quinoline derivatives. A large group of the identified metabolites belongs to ...
- Zhelifonova, V. P., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied biochemistry and microbiology 2011 v.47 no.4 pp. 426-430
- Penicillium; biosynthesis; ergot alkaloids; fungi; genes; metabolites; metabolome; quinoline; zinc
- ... Four cultures of fungi of the genus Penicillium belonging to Furcatum Pitt subgenus, such as P. citrinum Thom, 1910; P. corylophilum Dierckx, 1901; P. fellutanum Biourge, 1923; and P. waksmanii Zaleski, 1927, produced the ergot alkaloids, namely, agroclavine-I, and epoxyagroclavine-I; their N-N-dimers, such as dimer of epoxyagroclavine-I and the mixed dimer of epoxyagroclavine-I and agroclavine-I; ...