Jump to Main Content
- Li, Li; Shan, Yuli; Lei, Yalin; Wu, Sanmang; Yu, Xiang; Lin, Xiyan; Chen, Yupei
- Applied energy 2019 v.244 pp. 36-45
- carbon dioxide; case studies; cities; coal; economic development; energy; greenhouse gas emissions; industry; issues and policy; oils; China
- ... Recently, the economy has grown rapidly in China’s Central Plains urban agglomeration, with high energy consumption and a huge pressure on reducing CO2 emissions. Thus, low-carbon development is an important measure to solve economic, energy and environmental problems. To analyse low-emission development, this paper clarifies the evolutionary characteristics of CO2 emissions and the decoupling rel ...
- Kirchhoff, Hannes; Strunz, Kai
- Applied energy 2019 v.244 pp. 46-62
- assets; case studies; energy transfer; infrastructure; ingredients; motivation; renewable energy sources; Bangladesh
- ... Microgrids that enable peer-to-peer energy exchange represent an important enabling technology for scaling renewable energy. Furthermore, peer-to-peer microgrids are an essential ingredient of the swarm electrification approach, facilitating the modular growth of infrastructure for energy access in the developing world. However, peer-to-peer microgrids heavily rely on the initial and continuous pa ...