Jump to Main Content
- Li, Li; Shan, Yuli; Lei, Yalin; Wu, Sanmang; Yu, Xiang; Lin, Xiyan; Chen, Yupei
- Applied energy 2019 v.244 pp. 36-45
- carbon dioxide; case studies; cities; coal; economic development; energy; greenhouse gas emissions; industry; issues and policy; oils; China
- ... Recently, the economy has grown rapidly in China’s Central Plains urban agglomeration, with high energy consumption and a huge pressure on reducing CO2 emissions. Thus, low-carbon development is an important measure to solve economic, energy and environmental problems. To analyse low-emission development, this paper clarifies the evolutionary characteristics of CO2 emissions and the decoupling rel ...
- Tsimopoulos, Evangelos G.; Georgiadis, Michael C.
- Applied energy 2019 v.244 pp. 16-35
- auctions; electricity; energy; linear programming; markets; models; power generation; prices; wind; wind power
- ... This work, based on Stackelberg hypothesis, considers a conventional power producer exercising their dominant position in an electricity pool with high penetration of wind power production. A bi-level optimization model is used to provide optimal offer strategies for the aforementioned producer in a jointly cleared energy and reserve pool settled through an hourly auction process. The upper-level ...