Jump to Main Content
- Tsimopoulos, Evangelos G.; Georgiadis, Michael C.
- Applied energy 2019 v.244 pp. 16-35
- auctions; electricity; energy; linear programming; markets; models; power generation; prices; wind; wind power
- ... This work, based on Stackelberg hypothesis, considers a conventional power producer exercising their dominant position in an electricity pool with high penetration of wind power production. A bi-level optimization model is used to provide optimal offer strategies for the aforementioned producer in a jointly cleared energy and reserve pool settled through an hourly auction process. The upper-level ...
- Robertson, Bryson; Bailey, Helen; Buckham, Bradley
- Applied energy 2019 v.244 pp. 1-15
- energy conversion; environmental factors; power generation; prediction; tides; uncertainty; water power; wind power; wind speed
- ... Assessing and quantifying a wave energy resource is difficult and complex. Parameterizing the spectral wave information, the distribution of winds and current directions and magnitudes, and the flow of tides, inherently discards valuable information and introduces uncertainty. The impact of this uncertainty on wave energy converter power production, mooring loads, and survivability metrics is stil ...