Jump to Main Content
- Heun, Matthew Kuperus; Brockway, Paul E.
- Applied energy 2019 v.251 pp. 112697
- carbon dioxide; climate change; economic development; emissions; energy efficiency; exergy; gross domestic product; human development; primary energy; Ghana; United Kingdom
- ... To meet climate change mitigation objectives, international institutions have adopted targets aimed at reducing or ending growth of primary energy consumption. Simultaneously, continued economic growth is forecasted to meet human development goals. Together, declining energy consumption and rising gross domestic product (GDP) is called “absolute decoupling.” However, absolute decoupling is unprece ...
- van Kleef, Luuk M.T.; Oyewunmi, Oyeniyi A.; Markides, Christos N.
- Applied energy 2019 v.251 pp. 112513
- equations; molecular weight; propane; temperature; thermodynamics
- ... In this paper, we develop a framework for designing optimal organic Rankine cycle (ORC) power systems that simultaneously considers both thermodynamic and economic objectives. This methodology relies on computer-aided molecular design (CAMD) techniques that allow the identification of an optimal working fluid during the thermo-economic optimization of the system. The SAFT-γ Mie equation of state i ...