Jump to Main Content
- Jordan L. Klinger; Tyler L. Westover; Rachel M. Emerson; C. Luke Williams; Sergio Hernandez; Glen D. Monson; J. Chadron Ryan
- Applied energy 2018 v.228 pp. 535-545
- Liriodendron tulipifera; agricultural wastes; bark; biomass; calcium; corn stover; energy crops; feedstocks; geometry; heat transfer; liquids; lumber; magnesium; microwave treatment; models; oils; particle size; potassium; pyrolysis; pyrolysis oils; reaction kinetics; sodium; standard deviation; temperature
- ... The products from fast pyrolysis of biomass are variable and highly dependent upon feedstock composition, particle size and geometry, and operating conditions such as heating rate, reaction temperature, and sweep gas composition and velocity. Microwave heating is internal to the biomass particles, thereby avoiding convective and conductive heat transfer limitations, which facilitates decoupling he ...
- Qing Yang; Ji Liang; Jiashuo Li; Haiping Yang; Hanping Chen
- Applied energy 2018 v.224 pp. 469-480
- agricultural wastes; bioenergy; biomass; carbon; feedstocks; fossil fuels; irrigation management; pyrolysis; water conservation; water resources; China; Denmark
- ... Water is essential for bioenergy production. Characterized as low carbon technology, crop-based bioenergy technology witnesses rapid development, inevitably putting pressure on global water resources. Therefore, it is crucial to carefully assess bioenergy technology’s overall impact on scarce water source for a sustainable bioenergy future. In this regard, this study aims to evaluate the life cycl ...