Jump to Main Content
- Parra, David; Patel, Martin K.
- Applied energy 2016 v.164 pp. 175-187
- batteries; economic performance; electricity; electricity costs; energy; markets; prices; profitability; solar collectors; tariffs; wholesale marketing; Germany; Switzerland
- ... The use of batteries in combination with PV systems in single homes is expected to become a widely applied energy storage solution. Since PV system cost is decreasing and the electricity market is constantly evolving there is marked interest in understanding the performance and economic benefits of adding battery systems to PV generation under different retail tariffs. The performance of lead-acid ...
- Thygesen, Richard; Karlsson, Björn
- Applied energy 2016 v.164 pp. 579-589
- buildings; economic valuation; electricity; electricity costs; energy; energy conservation; heat; heat pumps; profitability; solar collectors; weather; Sweden
- ... The building sector in Europe and Sweden accounts for a large part of the total European electricity end use. A large fraction of Swedish buildings are equipped with heat pumps for heating and a combination of heat pumps and decentralized energy generation from photovoltaic systems is an interesting system solution for reducing the energy use. It is important that the building has a high self-cons ...