Jump to Main Content
- Giuseppina Ciulla; Valerio Lo Brano; Antonino D'Amico
- Applied energy 2016 v.183 pp. 1021-1034
- buildings; cities; climate; cluster analysis; computer software; energy; energy requirements; environmental factors; equations; geometry; heat; industrialization; learning; managers; models; Europe
- ... More than one-third of the energy demand of industrialised countries is due to achieving acceptable conditions of thermal comfort and lighting in buildings. Energy demand in buildings depends on a combination of several parameters, such as climate, envelope typologies, occupant behaviour, and intended use. Indeed, assessing a building’s energy performance requires substantial input data describing ...
- Francisco Toja-Silva; Oscar Lopez-Garcia; Carlos Peralta; Jorge Navarro; Ignacio Cruz
- Applied energy 2016 v.164 pp. 769-794
- aerodynamics; buildings; cities; energy; geometry; turbulent flow; urban areas; wind; wind power; wind turbines
- ... Urban wind energy exploitation is an important topic for smart sustainable cities. The present investigation is a step in this direction, considering the latest advances in building aerodynamics, identifying and analyzing the optimum building-roof shape for the urban wind energy exploitation. This investigation focusses in two aspects: the isolated building shape optimization and the analysis of t ...