Jump to Main Content
- Ali Katal; Mohammad Mortezazadeh; Liangzhu (Leon) Wang
- Applied energy 2019 v.250 pp. 1402-1417
- aerodynamics; buildings; case studies; climate change; dynamic models; energy; greenhouse gas emissions; heat transfer; issues and policy; microclimate; storms; urban areas; urbanization; Canada
- ... In the past decade, urban building energy models have been developed to address the increasing concerns over energy consumption and greenhouse gas emission due to rapid urbanization and building resilience as a result of climate change. These models can estimate energy consumption, GHG emission and resilience response of buildings in an urban area, and evaluate retrofit strategies for architects, ...
- Francisco Toja-Silva; Oscar Lopez-Garcia; Carlos Peralta; Jorge Navarro; Ignacio Cruz
- Applied energy 2016 v.164 pp. 769-794
- aerodynamics; buildings; cities; energy; geometry; turbulent flow; urban areas; wind; wind power; wind turbines
- ... Urban wind energy exploitation is an important topic for smart sustainable cities. The present investigation is a step in this direction, considering the latest advances in building aerodynamics, identifying and analyzing the optimum building-roof shape for the urban wind energy exploitation. This investigation focusses in two aspects: the isolated building shape optimization and the analysis of t ...