Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, Yalin; Qin, Yaosong; Liang, Shuen; Chen, Keping; Tian, Chunrong; Wang, Jianhua; Luo, Xuan; Zhang, Lin
- Applied energy 2019 v.250 pp. 98-108
- specific heat, etc ; absorption; condensation reactions; fabrics; graphene; heat transfer; hydrolysis; nanocapsules; nanoemulsions; silanes; silica; slurries; solar collectors; supercooling; thermal conductivity; thermal energy; thermal stability; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Nanoencapsulated phase change materials (NePCMs) possess nanometer size and high mechanical stability, which are ideal for thermal energy storage and heat transfer applications. However, the NePCMs also suffer from two main drawbacks, namely the poor thermal conductivity and the supercooling. Here we show by preparation of NePCMs with SiO2/graphene composite shell, we can increase the thermal cond ...
- Tian, Heqing; Wang, Weilong; Ding, Jing; Wei, Xiaolan; Song, Ming; Yang, Jianping
- Applied energy 2015 v.148 pp. 87-92
- specific heat, etc ; additives; chlorides; differential scanning calorimetry; energy; graphene; heat; melting; melting point; power plants; temperature; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Ternary eutectic chloride (NaCl–CaCl2–MgCl2)/expanded graphite (EG) composites were prepared for thermal energy storage applications at a solar thermal power plant. Heat capacity and latent heat thermal energy storage (LHTES) characteristics of the composites including the melting temperature and latent heat capacity were investigated using a differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) technique, and ...