Jump to Main Content
- Collett, James R.; Billing, Justin M.; Meyer, Pimphan A.; Schmidt, Andrew J.; Remington, A. Brook; Hawley, Erik R.; Hofstad, Beth A.; Panisko, Ellen A.; Dai, Ziyu; Hart, Todd R.; Santosa, Daniel M.; Magnuson, Jon K.; Hallen, Richard T.; Jones, Susanne B.
- Applied energy 2019 v.233-234 pp. 840-853
- corn stover, etc ; Lipomyces starkeyi; biofuels; biomass; bioreactors; biorefining; biotransformation; boiling; carbon; fatty acid methyl esters; feedstocks; hydrolysates; hydrolysis; hydrothermal liquefaction; lignin; lignocellulose; production costs; slurries; sugars; triacylglycerols; yeasts; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Oleaginous yeast can produce high yields of lipids from hydrolyzed lignocellulosic carbohydrates, but the difficulty and cost of extracting the lipids from the bioreactor broth, as well as the lack of profitable options for valorizing feedstock lignin are major barriers to cost-competitive production of renewable diesel from corn stover via bioconversion. Hydrothermal liquefaction of lignocellulos ...
- Xue, Junjie; Yang, Zengling; Han, Lujia; Liu, Yuchen; Liu, Yao; Zhou, Chengcheng
- Applied energy 2015 v.137 pp. 18-25
- corn stover, etc ; carbon; cellulose; least squares; lignin; lignocellulose; models; near-infrared spectroscopy; proximate composition; spectrometers; China; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... On-line analysis of proximates (moisture, ash, volatile matter, and fixed carbon) and lignocellulose components (cellulose, semi-cellulose, and lignin) of coarse-crushed corn stover was investigated using near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS). Compared with traditional technique, on-line measurement is complex and challenging but provides real-time analysis. The spectrometer operated over a conveyor b ...