Jump to Main Content
- Vélez, C.; Khayet, M.; Ortiz de Zárate, J.M.
- Applied energy 2015 v.143 pp. 383-394
- specific heat, etc ; atmospheric pressure; crystallization; differential scanning calorimetry; energy; heat; hexadecane; liquids; melting; solids; temperature; thermal conductivity; thermal diffusivity; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The thermal conductivity (λ) and thermal diffusivity (aT) of the solid/liquid phase change linear n-alkanes were measured simultaneously by the transient multi-current hot wire technique at atmospheric pressure in the range 258–348K. The same set-up was used to measure λ and aT of the liquid and the solid states at different electrical currents. Three n-alkanes, n-hexadecane (C16H34), n-octadecane ...
- Tian, Heqing; Wang, Weilong; Ding, Jing; Wei, Xiaolan; Song, Ming; Yang, Jianping
- Applied energy 2015 v.148 pp. 87-92
- specific heat, etc ; additives; chlorides; differential scanning calorimetry; energy; graphene; heat; melting; melting point; power plants; temperature; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Ternary eutectic chloride (NaCl–CaCl2–MgCl2)/expanded graphite (EG) composites were prepared for thermal energy storage applications at a solar thermal power plant. Heat capacity and latent heat thermal energy storage (LHTES) characteristics of the composites including the melting temperature and latent heat capacity were investigated using a differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) technique, and ...