Jump to Main Content
- Bass, Octavian, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Applied energy 2019 v.252 pp. 113468
- algorithms; computer software; models; solar energy; wind; wind power
- ... The placement of grid-scale energy storage systems (ESSs) can have a significant impact on the level of performance improvements of distribution networks. This paper proposes a strategy for optimal allocation of distributed ESSs in distribution networks to simultaneously minimize voltage deviation, flickers, power losses, and line loading. The optimal ESS allocation is investigated through the PQ ...
- Bass, Octavian, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Applied energy 2018 v.232 pp. 212-228
- algorithms; computer software; electric power; energy; models; wind
- ... The deployment of utility-scale energy storage systems (ESSs) can be a significant avenue for improving the performance of distribution networks. An optimally placed ESS can reduce power losses and line loading, mitigate peak network demand, improve voltage profile, and in some cases contribute to the network fault level diagnosis. This paper proposes a strategy for optimal placement of distribute ...