Jump to Main Content
- Sun, Chuanwang
- Applied energy 2015 v.160 pp. 383-389
- case studies; electricity; income; issues and policy; prices; resource allocation; surveys; tariffs; China
- ... The reform of tiered pricing for household electricity (TPHE) in China was implemented nationwide in July 2012. The main purpose of the policy is to promote reasonable resource allocation and utilization. Based on the micro household-level survey data, this paper investigates the effect of the TPHE on achieving the twin objectives of efficiency and equity respectively. Results demonstrate that und ...
- Sun, Chuanwang, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied energy 2015 v.157 pp. 276-283
- electric energy consumption; electricity; empirical models; energy; energy costs; household income; households; issues and policy; prices; probability; surveys; China
- ... After almost three years of preparation, the tiered pricing for household electricity (TPHE) was implemented across China in July 2012. The feedbacks of household electricity consumption to the new pricing policy are investigated in this paper based on the micro household-level data from China’s Residential Energy Consumption Survey (CRECS). We document that electricity consumption of 82% surveyed ...