Jump to Main Content
- Ricciardi, P.; Belloni, E.; Cotana, F.
- Applied energy 2014 v.134 pp. 150-162
- recycled materials, etc ; absorption; acoustics; air; arithmetics; buildings; cameras; compliance; embodied energy; environmental impact; global warming potential; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; heat; heat tolerance; humidity; insulating materials; life cycle assessment; manufacturing; markets; textile fibers; thermal properties; trinitrotoluene; waste paper; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Insulation is one of the most effective methods intended for reducing energy consumption in both heating and cooling of buildings. Selecting the right materials and determining the optimum insulation thickness in building insulation application is an important issue. Moreover it is important to use green insulating materials in order to limit the environmental impact in the use of these solutions. ...
- Yang, Jin; Chen, Bin
- Applied energy 2016 v.177 pp. 239-246
- recycled materials, etc ; commercialization; construction materials; electricity; emergy; manufacturing; power generation; raw materials; recycling; supply chain; transportation; wind; wind power; wind turbines; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... With large-scale commercialization of wind technology, one must investigate economical and sustainable wind resource utilization. In this paper, emergy analysis is used to quantify the environmental pressure, renewability, economic efficiency, and sustainability of a typical wind power system, considering the lifetime stages from extraction and processing of raw materials and resources to the fina ...