Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Xingtian; Pan, Hongye; Qi, Lingfei; Zhang, Zutao; Yuan, Yanping; Liu, Yujie
- Applied energy 2017 v.204 pp. 1535-1543
- safety equipment, etc ; electricity; energy; gears; harvesting; railroads; renewable energy sources; vibration; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... As the demand for clean and sustainable energy increases, it is useful to explore alternative energy strategies, including harvesting the kinetic energy of vibration. In this paper, we design and characterize a renewable energy-harvesting system that collects energy from rail track vibrations by using a mechanical vibration rectifier (MVR). The MVR consists of meshing gears and one-way bearings, a ...
- Merk, Bruno; Stanculescu, Alexander; Chellapandi, Perumal; Hill, Robert
- Applied energy 2015 v.147 pp. 104-116
- safety equipment, etc ; equipment design; equipment performance; methodology; sodium; Show all 5 Subjects
- ... The reasons for the renewed interest in fast reactors and an overview of the progress in sodium cooled fast reactor operation in the last ten years are given. The excellent operational performance of sodium cooled fast reactors in this period is highlighted as a sound basis for the development of new fast reactors. The operational performance of the BN-600 is compared and evaluated against the per ...