Jump to Main Content
- Hunt, Sherry L.; Kadavy, Kem C.
- Applied engineering in agriculture 2018 v.34 no.2 pp. 389-394
- hydraulic engineering, etc ; Agricultural Research Service; agricultural engineering; basins; chutes; energy; prototypes; water flow; Oklahoma; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Stilling basins are commonly used as energy dissipators for structural chutes. Classical research conducted by scientists of the U. S. Bureau of Reclamation (USBR) led to the development of design criteria for a variety of stilling basin configurations as the outlet works for smooth chutes, but little is known about the performance of these dissipators when paired with stepped chutes. Research at ...
- Sidahmed, Moatasim M.; Studer, Henry E.
- Applied engineering in agriculture 1987 v.3 no.2 pp. 135-139
- hydraulic engineering, etc ; agricultural engineering; bins (containers); equations; fruits; Show all 5 Subjects
- ... A hydraulically powered flat belt conveyor system was designed and developed to gently handle shear sensitive fruit, and to fill the fruit uniformly into bulk bins. Design equations were developed to define systems which would result in uniform bin filling, and these equations were used to compare several operating schemes. ...