Jump to Main Content
- Shintani, Yoshinori; Kato, Yoshikazu; Saito, Takeo; Oda, Yuji; Terao, Misato; Nagamine, Keisuke
- Applied entomology and zoology 2018 v.53 no.3 pp. 343-351
- multivoltine habit, etc ; Geometridae; Podocarpaceae; adults; autumn; climate; eclosion; habitats; insects; invasive species; larvae; overwintering; pigmentation; pupae; pupal development; spring; trees; winter; Japan; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The geometrid moth, Milionia basalis pryeri Druce, is an important pest of Podocarpaceae trees that has recently become established in the southern part of the main island of Kyushu, Japan. The species exhibits a multivoltine seasonal life cycle, with adults emerging mostly from spring to autumn, and occasionally being observed in winter. In this study, life-history traits and overwintering succes ...
- Yukawa, Junichi; Ichinose, Minami; Kim, Wanggyu; Uechi, Nami; Gyoutoku, Naohisa; Fujii, Tomohisa
- Applied entomology and zoology 2016 v.51 no.1 pp. 71-80
- multivoltine habit, etc ; Asphondylia; adults; autumn; diapause; galls; global warming; heat stress; heat sums; hosts; instars; larvae; larval development; midges; summer; survival rate; temperature; univoltine habit; Japan; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Lower development threshold temperatures (LDT) of gall midges (Diptera: Cecidomyiidae) were directly determined by comparing developmental stages before and after incubation of galls for a definite period under a range of temperatures sufficient to cover the borders of the linear response. The LDT was determined to be 15 and 17 °C, respectively, for the soybean-pod gall midge, Asphondylia yushimai ...