Jump to Main Content
- Bouakkaz, Rachid; Abdelouas, Abdesselam; El Mendili, Yassine; David, Karine; Grambow, Bernd
- Applied geochemistry 2019 v.111 pp. 104436
- argillite, etc ; apatite; calcite; calcium sulfate; clay; corrosion; geochemistry; glass; leaching; magnesium sulfate; magnetite; pyrite; radioactive waste; siderite; silicon; stainless steel; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The leaching of ²⁹Si-doped SON68 French nuclear waste glass was investigated in Callovo-Oxfordian (COx) water in the presence of P235GH stainless steel and COx argillite. Experiments were carried out to understand the effect of near-field materials on the rate of glass dissolution and the migration of ²⁹Si in the claystone core. Tests were performed by using percolation cells containing glass and ...
- Altmann, Scott; Tournassat, Christophe; Goutelard, Florence; Parneix, Jean-Claude; Gimmi, Thomas; Maes, Norbert
- Applied geochemistry 2012 v.27 no.2 pp. 463-478
- argillite, etc ; actinides; anions; cations; cesium; clay; clay minerals; cobalt; copper; geochemistry; ionic strength; mineral content; models; porosity; prediction; radioactive waste; radionuclides; solutes; sorption; strontium; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Clay mineral-rich sedimentary formations are currently under investigation to evaluate their potential use as host formations for installation of deep underground disposal facilities for radioactive waste (e.g. Boom Clay (BE), Opalinus Clay (CH), Callovo–Oxfordian argillite (FR)). The ultimate safety of the corresponding repository concepts depends largely on the capacity of the host formation to ...