Jump to Main Content
- Wuerzer, Thomas; Mason, Susan G.
- Applied geography 2015 v.60 pp. 95-106
- adverse effects; college students; gender; geographic information systems; geography; health surveys; humans; infrastructure; regression analysis; transportation
- ... We present a novel approach to understanding distance as a barrier to cycling and its use as a dependent variable in multinomial logistic regression. In doing so, this study explores distances in relation to spatially and relevant human factors such as gender and propensity to cycle among college students. College students (N = 949) participated in a health survey and stated possible predictors of ...
- Lu, Jia
- Applied geography 2015 v.60 pp. 301-307
- business enterprises; geographic information systems; geography; landscape ecology; landscapes; models; regression analysis; traffic; Ohio
- ... Landscape structure variables, derived from landscape ecology theory, are widely used in ecological studies. Fifteen landscape indices, organized into four groups – size, complexity, diversity, neighborhood - are computed for each of the 1,763 Traffic Analysis Zones in the seven-county Columbus, Ohio Metropolitan Area (CMA), using Fragstats and GIS. Urban morphology study is first presented, and r ...